The comic follows my daily adventures over a few weeks time. I apologize if some things don't make sense to you - feel free to send me email or comments with your thoughts. The pages were all drawn in a Moleskine notebook with a Papermate ballpoint pen. I scanned them and cleaned them up in Photoshop... but I still like the original, bluish looking black ink on the cream paper...
![]() |
| Moleskine with Papermate ballpoint. |
Those of you who subscribe to this blog through Kickstarter or Etsy, will be getting an email with a link to the PDF of the comic (on DropBox). I hope you enjoy it!
![]() |
| Cleaned up in Photoshop. |
In Comic History on Monday, we learned about the mysterious fellow who was known as Steve Ditko - best known for creating Spiderman and Dr. Strange. In summary - he was a genius and, perhaps, a nutcase. But I think those two often go together.
We also learned about Jack T. Chick and his "Chick Tracts" - tiny comics about religion that were left in bus stops, phone booths and anywhere else the downtrodden resided.
He could be considered the most prolific of comics creators/publishers with over 700,000,000 comics distributed. And still going. There are tons of knock-offs and parodies, but most of the originals are rather disturbing to begin with and could be labeled as "hate literature" - but weirdly fascinating.
Here are some pics I took of two of the teacher's samples:
They are a really cute and economical size. You could fit three up on an 8.5x11 page. I will file this format away in my head for future use.



No comments:
Post a Comment