Friday, February 10, 2017

Visiting Artist and Ladybroad Ledger

Our Visiting Artist this week was Nick Drnaso. As you can see...


... my sketch notes are not up to my usual standards. (blush) I was multi-tasking, working on another project. Actually, I suck at multi-tasking.

So I asked Kurt Shaffert if I could borrow his notes to share with you (he said "yes"):


Those are much better!

Kurt is our Applied Cartooning Fellow and leads the program I have been participating in at the VA Hospital. I did a few stick figure worksheets for him this week, so I figure this is a fair trade!



Earlier on Thursday, we had a workshop with Caleb Brown to learn more about Graphic Facilitation. This is a field that I would love to do work in - it makes use of my passion for Sketch-notes. Here are my (much better) notes on that lecture:


After the workshop, I brainstormed for a few hours with Caleb about ideas for "What I should do after graduation". It's probably no surprise to you folks that I am already starting to fret about all that? Graduation is only a few months away and I have a lot of decisions to make. Where to live? That affects what kind of job I might get or freelance work... or start another new business?

I am working really hard on my Thesis work and ideas are flying fast and furious. If I can get some time this weekend, I'll try to update you on some of it.

Last thing (for now) is the Ladybroad Ledger, Issue #1 is out and about in Vermont! 
Here's a picture of MY PAGE! (OK, it's a free paper, but I am still SO excited!!)


You can download a copy (it's free) here: https://gumroad.com/ladybroadledger

If you are one of my Kickstarter groupies (I love you!) and would like an actual, paper copy, email me your snail mail address. I also have some really cute little comics created by Liniers to help promote my school and he used a quote from ME in it! I'm happy to send you that too. :-)

No comments: